Wednesday, September 9, 2009

He'll Help You Find Your Flight, And God

An interesting article from the National Public Radio website on a very unique ministry. The Rev. Chester Cook is a United Methodist minister working as a full time chaplain at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Here's an exerpt:

On a walk back toward the airport's chapel, Cook recalls the time he found an elderly woman stranded in the airport. She wasn't supposed to fly out for three days, and the airline wouldn't change her ticket. So Cook confronted an airline manager.

"I said, 'This is a dilemma, because if that was your 81-year-old grandmother sitting out there, you would be fit to be tied,' " Cook says. "And I said, 'I'm sure the news channels would love this story if I gave them a phone call.' "

The woman was put on the next flight.


I thought that the HUUMS blog could, among other things be a good forum for looking at different ministries in the news. At least in this case I feel like we could all learn a little something from Rev. Cook's experiences.

To read the full article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment